Quality sleep is important to everyday life and to overall health. Unfortunately, you may be struggling with a sleep disorder that’s hindering your rest. There are many different types of sleep disorders with a variety of symptoms.
Dr. Jeremy McConnell at Florida Sleep Specialists in Bradenton and Sarasota, FL, can help you identify any of these symptoms and help treat whatever sleep disorder you’re struggling with so you can get quality sleep once again.
Types of Sleep Disorders
There are many different types of sleep disorders with a wide range of symptoms. Some common sleep disorders are:
- Insomnia- Insomnia is the inability to fall asleep or remain asleep.
- Sleep Apnea- Sleep apnea is known for pauses in your breathing while sleeping.
- Narcolepsy- Narcolepsy is characterized by sleep attacks that happen while awake.
- Sleepwalking or Sleep Talking- This is walking or frequent talking in your sleep.
Each sleep disorder can come with a variety of symptoms that differ depending on the severity of your disorder. Your doctor in Bradenton, FL, can help identify specific symptoms that relate to each disorder. Some general symptoms to look out for include:
- Issues falling or staying asleep.
- Fatigue during the day.
- Weight gain.
- Issues concentrating.
- Increased irritability or anxiety.
- Impaired performance at school or work.
- Strange breathing patterns.
- Urge to take frequent naps during the day.
- Urge to move while falling asleep.
Sleep disorders can be characterized in various ways, but it’s important to notice any changes to your normal routine and any unplanned changes in your sleep schedule. You may also be experiencing frequent urination in the middle of the night that disrupts your sleep and should be addressed by your doctor.
Contact Your Doctor Today!
If you’re experiencing any of the symptoms that were mentioned above and notice any unwanted changes in your sleep routine, make sure to contact Dr. McConnell at Florida Sleep Specialists in Bradenton and Sarasota, FL, to ask any questions and to find out if you’re struggling with a sleep disorder. Call (941) 792-8383 today!