When you can’t fall asleep, it can be really frustrating and in turn, will affect your quality of life. When you constantly struggle with a lack of sleep, it can affect your ability to do everyday things, such as driving, and your performance at work or school. If you’re struggling to fall asleep, Dr. Jeremy McConnell from Florida Sleep Specialists in Bradenton and Sarasota, FL, is here to help answer any questions you may have about getting better sleep.
How a Lack of Sleep Can Affect You
When you struggle to get enough sleep or struggle to stay asleep, it can really affect your mental and physical health and take a toll on your body. Sleep helps our bodies in more ways than we may realize. Without proper sleep, your body is at a higher risk of heart disease as well as other conditions such as obesity, depression, and high blood pressure. Sleep is incredibly important for regulating your body.
Tips to Help You Fall Asleep
There are many different tricks and tips that your doctor in Bradenton, FL, may recommend that you can implement to help you sleep better at night. Some of the tips include techniques such as:
- Creating a cozy, sleep-inducing bedroom. Comfort can make falling asleep a little easier.
- Optimizing your sleep schedule. Sticking to specific sleep and wake-up times may help your body get into a natural rhythm.
- Find time to move during the day and see the sun. Our bodies are regulated by light exposure and keeping active during the day helps your body relax at night.
- Cut down on caffeine throughout the day.
- Try relaxation methods, such as meditation. Meditation can help ease you into sleep.
Contact Your Doctor!
If you’re having issues falling asleep, call Dr. McConnell at Florida Sleep Specialists in Bradenton and Sarasota, FL, at (941) 792-8383 today!